We are pleased to announce a major release of GroupDocs.Signature for Java containing 13 new features, 5 improvements, and 2 bug fixes. In this release, we have introduced Metadata Signature for word-processing, presentation and spreadsheet documents. Furthermore, a new signature type, Form-Field Signature, is implemented for signing PDF documents. Please have a look at the release notes for more details on the new features and changes introduced in version 19.1.
Metadata Signature Features
The latest version provides the support of Metadata Signature for word-processing, presentation and spreadsheet documents. Furthermore, you can also search Metadata Signatures within the aforementioned document types. For working examples, please visit the following documentation articles:
- Signing Spreadsheet Document with Metadata Signature
- Signing Presentation Document with Metadata Signature
- Signing Word-Processing Document with Metadata Signature
- Searching Metadata Signature in Spreadsheet Document
- Searching Metadata Signature in Presentation Document
- Searching Metadata Signature in Word-Processing Document
Form-Field Signature Features for PDF Documents
Many documents support special elements as form-fields that allow the user to input data into standard form elements such as text input, extended multi-line text, checkboxes, radio buttons, digital certificate holders etc. These form-fields can also be used for adding signatures. For this, we have introduced Form-Field Signature type representing an input control that is added to the document page. You can add as well as search Form-Field Signatures in PDF documents. For working examples, please have a look at the following documentation articles:
Extended Digital Verification for Word Documents
In the latest version, we have extended the feature of digital verification for Word documents by adding new string properties SubjectName and IssuerName in WordsVerifyDigitalOptions class. These fields could be used as additional criteria to verify Digital Signatures of Words documents.
For a working example, please visit this documentation article.
The following improvements are made in the latest release:
- Implement global exception handler to catch all unhandled exceptions
- Improve exceptions handling with proper details and exception type
- Implement search results conversion to typed list of signatures
- Implement support of password protected Open-Documents-Spreadsheet ODS file formats
- Extend Form-Field signature name automatically with number prefix for multiple-pages options
The following issues are fixed in version 19.1:
- Exception is fired when searching PDF documents for form-fields that were set up without name
- Skip output folder when SaveOptions.OutputFileName is set as absolute path
Available Channels and Resources
Here are a few channels and resources for you to learn, try and get technical support on GroupDocs.Signature for Java:
- API Home Page
- Download – Zipped JARs
- Installation – Install using Maven
- Documentation – API Documentation
- Examples – GitHub Source Code Examples
- Product Support Forum – Technical Support Forum for GroupDocs.Signature Product Family
As always, we will be happy to know your thoughts. Just create a new topic on our forum and our dedicated support team will be there to respond.