Hello everyone! We have released v19.10 of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET and I have a piece of breaking news especially for those who requested the support of .NET Core. The latest release of the API includes 6 new features, 2 improvements, and 11 bug fixes. So let’s have a look at some major updates we have brought for you.
Support of .NET Standard 2.0
As promised, we have added the support of .NET Standard 2.0 in v19.10. So now, the API supports the .NET implementations that target .NET Standard 2.0 inlcuding .NET Framework and .NET Core. Thus, you can use GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API in your cross-platform applications. At the moment, there exist a few limitations when using the API in a non-Windows environment. You can see the details of the limitations and the possible recommendations here.
Adjusting Page Size when Rendering Emails as HTML
Previously, the feature of setting page size for email messages was available only for image-based rendering. However, we have extended it for HTML-based rendering as well. Now, you can control the page size of the resultant HTML pages as shown in the following code sample:
Support of .gzip and .sxc Formats
In the latest release. we have extended the list of our supported file formats and added the support of Gnu Zipped Files (.gzip) and StarOffice Calc Spreadsheets (.sxc).
The following bugs that were reported in earlier versions have been fixed.
- Tiff files are rendered incorrectly.
- Incorrect image URLs when rendering email as HTML.
- Blur image in when rendering slides as HTML.
- Rendering Word document is taking a long time.
- External resources failed to load when rendering Email messages.
- Styles are lost when rendering XLSX into HTML.
- The print preview of the rendered HTML is zoomed in.
- Exception when rendering Word document as HTML.
- Rendering Diagram document provides improper output colors.
- “A null reference or invalid value was found” exception when rendering DWG as HTML.
- DWG rendered empty.
- Improved rendering of Markdown Documentation File (*.md) file format.
- Fit content by width when rendering mail messages into PDF/JPG/PNG.
Have a look at the release notes for more details about the API changes in v19.10. We have also updated the source code examples on the GitHub repository for the latest release and added the sample project for .NET Core. In case you would have any questions or queries, do let us know on our forum.
The post Support of .NET Standard 2.0 in GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 19.10 appeared first on Document Manipulation APIs Blog – groupdocs.com.