Are you looking to convert Excel to PDF in Node.js programmatically? Do you want to configure and track the conversion process? In this blog post, we are going to write a code snippet in Node.js that will convert an Excel file to a PDF file. We will use an easy-to-install and lightweight Node.js library to automate the conversion process. PDF files offer enhanced quality of data representation and are cross-platform and easy to share. However, this Node.js library is rich-featured and offers comprehensive documentation.
We will cover the following points:
- Convert Excel to PDF in Node.js - API installation
- Node.js library to convert Excel file to PDF programmatically
- Excel to PDF conversion - Advance features
Convert Excel to PDF in Node.js - API installation
This library is quite simple to set up if you have installed Node.js on your localhost. As it is a Java-based library, so you also need to set up Java on your machine.
Run the following simple commands to set up this Node.js Excel library:
npm install java
npm install aspose.cells
Node.js library to convert Excel file to PDF programmatically
In this section, we will practically see how to convert Excel file to PDF programmatically.
Let’s follow the following steps:
- Initializes an instance of the Workbook class.
- Create an object of PdfSaveOptions() class that will be used to save a file in the SaveFileFormat format.
- Call this setSecurityOptions(aspose.cells.PdfSecurityOptions) method to enable security in the conversion process.
- Call setPageCount() method to set the number of pages of a PDF document.
- Invoke setDefaultFont() method to set the default font to show Unicode characters.
- setDisplayDocTitle() method will Indicate whether the window’s title bar should display the document title.
- save(fileName, saveFormat) will save the file.
Excel to PDF conversion - Advance features
So far, we have done a conversion of Excel file to PDF file using a few lines of code. However, there are many other methods available in the documentation that may help you boost up the conversion process programmatically.
Get a Free License
You can avail a free temporary license to try the API without evaluation limitations.
We can end this blog post here. Hopefully, you have learned how to convert Excel to PDF in Node.js programmatically. This article will surely help you if you are looking to install an Excel to PDF converter in your Node.js app. Moreover, there are other worth exploring blog posts mentioned in the “See Also” section that you may check out. Finally, conholdate.com is writing new blog posts on other interesting topics. Therefore, please stay in touch for the latest updates.
Ask a question
You can share your questions or queries on our forum.