Recently, we published a blog post that converts CSV file data into JSON format programmatically. In this blog post, we will learn how to convert JSON to CSV using Java Excel library. This library offers a wide range of methods and classes to automate the JSON to CSV conversion using a few lines of source code. We will go through the installation procedure and also will write a code snippet that imports JSON data into a CSV file programmatically.
The following points will be covered:
JSON to CSV Conversion API Installation
We are going to use a powerful, enterprise-level Java Excel library. This API lets you configure your API calls as per your business requirements.
Let’s install it quickly in the Java application by either downloading the JAR files or following the following Maven configurations:
<dependency> <groupId>com.conholdate</groupId> <artifactId>conholdate-total</artifactId> <version>23.9</version> <type>pom</type> </dependency>
How to Convert JSON to CSV using Java
In this section, we will go through the steps and the code snippet to convert JSON to CSV programmatically in Java.
We will perform the following code steps:
- Read the source JSON file & create an empty Workbook object.
- Get the Cells of the first worksheet by calling the get method.
- Set JsonLayoutOptions that represents the options of JSON layout type.
- Invoke this setConvertNumericOrDate method to set a value that indicates whether the string in JSON is converted to numeric or date.
- Call the setArrayAsTable method and set its value if you want to process Array as a table.
- setIgnoreArrayTitle method indicates whether to ignore the title if the array is a property of the object.
- Invoke the setIgnoreObjectTitle method whether to ignore the title of the object is a property of the object.
- Call this importData method to convert JSON into a string.
- Convert JSON to CSV by calling the save method.
Copy & paste the code into your main file, run the server and you can see the output in the image below:
Get a Free License
You may get a free temporary license to try the API beyond evaluation limitations.
We are ending this blog post here. We hope you have learned how to convert JSON to CSV using Java programmatically. Further, we also have gone through the code snippet that performs the JSON to CSV conversion. In addition, you can follow the documentation of this Java Excel library to learn about the other methods. However, this article will really help you if you are looking to install a JSON to CSV converter in your Java application. Finally, we are in a consistent process of writing new articles on interesting topics. Therefore, stay in touch with conholdate.com for regular updates.
Ask a question
You can let us know about your questions or queries on our forum.
How do I convert JSON to CSV in Java?
Can we import JSON array to a CSV file in Java?
Which library can be used to process Excel document?
This is a very robust and efficient Java Excel library to process, manipulate and convert Excel files to other popular file formats programmatically.