PDF and MS Word file formats are the most popular and useful file formats at the current point in time. PDF documents are not easy to edit and sometimes need a third-party tool to edit them. Whereas, Word files offer a great deal in this regard. However, in many scenarios, you need to perform PDF to Word conversion. In this blog post, we will use this .NET PDF library to convert PDF to Word using C# programmatically. We will write the code snippets to demonstrate this functionality in detail.
We will cover the following points:
- .NET PDF library installation
- Convert PDF to Word using C#
- PDF to Word conversion - advanced options
.NET PDF library installation
This C# PDF library is the one that can help you in building a PDF to Word converter programmatically. However, you can find a bunch of powerful features exposed by this library. So, you can either download the API or install it using the NuGet Package Manager in your project.
Convert PDF to Word using C#
You can convert PDF files to Word documents by writing a couple of lines in a .NET application.
You may follow the following steps and the code snippet:
- Initialize an object of the Document class and load the source PDF file.
- Save the file into DOC format by invoking the Save method.
You may see the output in the image below:
PDF to Word conversion - advanced options
In this section, we will explore some advanced methods offered by this C# PDF library.
Please follow the steps and the code snippet below:
- Open the source PDF document by initializing an instance of the Document class.
- Create an instance of DocSaveOptions class to access save options for export to Doc format.
- Set the value of this Format property to save the output file in Doc format.
- Set the recognition mode as Flow by setting the Mode property.
- Assign a value to the RelativeHorizontalProximity property to set the Horizontal proximity as 2.5.
- Enable the value to recognize bullets during the conversion process by setting a value of the RecognizeBullets property.
- Invoke the Save method to save the file into MS document format
Get a Free License
You can get a free temporary license to try the API without evaluation limitations.
We can end this blog post here with the hope that it has enabled you to convert PDF to Word using C# programmatically. This .NET PDF library will surely help you to build a PDF to Word converter for your business application. In addition, you may visit the documentation of this library to know other features. Install this library in your .NET project and perform PDF to Word conversion programmatically. Finally, stay connected with conholdate.com for regular updates.
Ask a question
You can let us know about your questions or queries on our forum.
How to convert PDF to Word in c# net?
How can you convert a PDF to Word document?