In the recent past, we have published a blog post that demonstrates how to convert Word to PDF using Java. However, in this blog post, we will learn how to convert Word to PDF in C# programmatically using this .NET library. Developing a file manipulation & conversion app is a lightweight process now as this library offers a huge stack of methods. Both of these file formats are widely used in routine tasks due to their rich usage & features.
We will cover the following points in this blog post:
- Convert Word to PDF in C# - API installation
- How to convert DOCX to PDF programmatically
- .NET library to convert Word to PDF - Advance options
Convert Word to PDF in C# - API installation
As far as the installation procedure of this library is concerned, it is quite simple and easy. You can configure the library by downloading the DLL files, or you can install it by running the following command in the NuGet package manager.
How to convert DOCX to PDF programmatically
Once installation is done, we are ready to start writing code to convert Word to PDF programmatically.
You can follow the following steps and the code snippet to achieve this functionality:
- Create an object of the Document class and load the source MS Word file.
- Invoke the save method to save the output in a PDF format.
.NET library to convert Word to PDF - Advance options
This library offers a wide range of methods and properties to manipulate the PDF document such as setting the image’s quality, rendering, and more.
We will explore and implement these features by following these steps:
- Initialize an object of the Document class and load the source MS Word file.
- Instantiate an object of PdfSaveOptions class to specify additional options when saving a document into the Pdf format.
- Specify the PDF standards compliance level for output documents using Compliance property.
- Invoke this DisplayDocTitle property to display the document title in the PDF file window.
- JpegQuality will set the quality of the images being used inside a PDF document.
- Use the high-quality rendering algorithms by setting the UseHighQualityRendering property to true.
- Call the save method to save the output in a PDF format.
Get a Free License
You can avail a free temporary license to try the API beyond evaluation limitations.
We are ending this blog post here. We do hope you have learned how to convert Word to PDF in C#. Further, we also have gone through some advanced properties and methods to manipulate the PDF files. This article will surely help you if you are looking to equip your application with a Word to PDF converter. In addition, you may explore the other features by visiting the documentation of this library. However, you may find the relevant blog posts mentioned in the “See Also” section below. Finally, please visit conholdate.com for the latest updates.
Ask a question
You can let us know about your questions or queries on our forum.