In the past, we published a blog post that demonstrates how to convert PDF files to MS Word files in a Java application. PDF and Word file formats are the most popular and widely used file formats due to their rich characteristics. However, in this article, we will learn how to convert Word to PDF using Java programmatically using this lightweight enterprise-level Java library. This library is easy to set up and does not depend on any third-party library.
We will cover the following section in this blog post:
- Convert Word to PDF using Java - API installation
- How to build a Word to PDF converter in a Java app
- Java library to convert DOCX to PDF programmatically - Advance-features
Convert Word to PDF using Java - API installation
The installation procedure of this Java library is quite easy. You may visit this link to know about the installation. However, you can download the jar files or follow the following Maven configurations.
<repository> <id>AsposeJavaAPI</id> <name>Aspose Java API</name> <url>https://repository.aspose.com/repo/</url> </repository>
<dependency> <groupId>com.aspose</groupId> <artifactId>aspose-words</artifactId> <version>21.11</version> <type>pom</type> </dependency>
How to build a Word to PDF converter in a Java app
The conversion of DOCX/DOC files to the PDF format programmatically is no more a difficult task. This Java library enables you to manipulate files using a few lines of code.
The following steps and the code snippet will convert Word to PDF using Java.
- Create a constructor of the Document class and load the source DOCX file.
- Call the save method to save the file in PDF format.
Java library to convert DOCX to PDF programmatically - Advance-features
In this section, we will learn about some advanced features of this library.
Follow the following steps to achieve this conversion:
- Initialize an instance of the Document class and load the source DOCX file.
- Create an object of PdfSaveOptions class.
- Invoke this setCompliance method to specify the PDF standards compliance level.
- setExportDocumentStructure method will set a value determining whether or not to export document structure.
- Call setJpegQuality method to specify the quality of the JPEG images inside PDF document.
- Invoke the save method to save the file in PDF format.
Get a Free License
You can avail a free temporary license to try the API without evaluation limitations.
This brings us to the end of this blog post. We have gone through how to convert Word to PDF using Java programmatically. Moreover, you can visit the documentation of this Java library to explore other features. This article will help you if you are looking to equip your Java application with a Word to PDF converter. Further, conholdate.com is writing other blog posts on new topics. Therefore, please stay in touch for the latest updates.
Ask a question
You can share your questions or queries on our forum.