We will cover the following sections:
JSON generator API
The installation procedure of this JSON generator library is very easy. However, you may either download the API package or install it by running the following commands:
npm install java npm install aspose.cells
How to Convert CSV to JSON in Node.js
We are all set to write the source code to build a CSV to JSON converter for our Node.js-based application.
You may follow the steps and the code snippet given below:
- Instantiate an instance of the LoadOptions class and set the format to CSV.
- Load the CSV file by initializing the constructor by Workbook class.
- Invoke the getLastCell method to get the last cell in this worksheet. Returns null if there is no data in the worksheet.
- Set exporting range to JSON by calling the ExportRangeToJsonOptions method.
- Call the createRange method to create a Range object from a range of cells.
- Export the range to a JSON file by calling the exportRangeToJson method.
Copy & paste the following code into your main file:
The output can be seen in the image below:
Get a Free License
You can avail a free temporary license to try the API without evaluation limitations.
We are ending this blog post here. We hope that you have learned how to convert CSV to JSON in Node.js programmatically. There are many other methods exposed by this JSON generator API that can facilitate you in building CSV to JSON conversion modules. Finally, you can visit the documentation to know other features.
Moreover, we suggest you follow our Getting Started guide.
Finally, conholdate.com is writing new blog posts. So, please stay in touch for regular updates.
Ask a question
You can let us know about your questions or queries on our forum.
How do you convert Excel to JSON using Node.js?