Watermarking is a popular technique to indicate that the content or data inside a document is copyrighted. On the other hand, it is also used to place the company’s logo or some kind of label in the documents before they are shared within or outside the company. However, it is quite hard to apply the watermark to a bunch of documents one by one. It becomes harder if you have documents of various formats such as PDF, DOCX, PPTX, XLSX, EML, JPG, PNG, etc. So in order to make this process easier, we need some automation.
In this article, I will show you how you can apply a watermark to a batch of documents and images in one go using GroupDocs.Watermark API. So you don’t need to add watermark to each document manually. Also, you don’t need to worry about if you have or not the software or application that supports adding watermark to the document of a particular format.
Before we proceed, let me tell you the reasons why GroupDocs.Watermark is a suitable API for watermarking. This is because it supports:
- a wide range of file formats,
- adding text/image watermark,
- adding watermark to images inside a document,
- adding watermark to all or selected pages of the document,
- customizing the size, position, and appearance of the watermark, and
- much more.
Now, let’s have a look at how to add watermark to the documents as well as images of various formats at once. For this, we’ll follow the below steps:
- Place the documents in a folder.
- Load each document from the folder using GroupDocs.Watermark.
- Create and initialize the watermark.
- Set watermark properties such as position, size, opacity, font, etc.
- Add watermark to the document.
- Save the document to the destination folder.
This is how we would transform these steps into the code.
And that’s it! The following is the screenshot of a PDF document that we have before and after applying the watermark using the above-mentioned code.
Download the complete ready-to-run source code from GitHub. Contact us on our forum for any questions or queries.
The post Add Watermark to a Batch of Documents and Images in .NET and Java appeared first on Document Manipulation APIs Blog – groupdocs.com.